This patchwork baby blanket isn’t quilted; it’s crocheted! To make this blanket, you crochet a bunch of colorful afghan squares and then you assemble them in a patchwork pattern by sewing the crocheted squares together.
The pinks, purple, peach and other pastel colors featured in this afghan are ideal blanket colors for baby girls. Of course, if you need to make a blanket for a baby boy, all you have to do is use blues and other boy-friendly colors — yellows, greens, oranges etc.
- Get the baby blanket pattern (it’s free!)
- Learn how to crochet the heart square, or the checkerboard square
- More free heart patterns
- More free checkerboard patterns
- Free baby blanket patterns
- Find More Free Blanket Patterns
- Free crochet patterns at free-crochet-patterns.us
Bernat Softee Baby Yarns
The afghan is crocheted using Bernat Softee baby yarn. This is a machine-washable acrylic yarn.